In December 2020, EPIC provided a food donation service (Dial Assist Bundles) in partnership with Dial a Snack Wishaw and was able to provide two weeks’ worth of food, to 88 households over Christmas. For this years’ Christmas project, EPIC was excited to host a Christmas e-Card Competition. Giving children from disadvantaged backgrounds, the opportunity to be creative and express their holiday excitement, through the theme: Together Again at Christmas.
The EPIC Christmas e-Card Competition was launched on Facebook at the beginning of December and was followed by a 14-day social media campaign (created by our volunteer Aidan Milburn) to raise awareness of the excellent services we provide throughout the UK. EPIC invited our local partners (a special thank you to WHALE Arts, MECOPP, and Y-Sort it Clydebank) to encourage their service users to take part. Entrants were invited to design an image (draw, paint, collage, etc dimensions: A4 sheet, vertical position), which tied in with the theme and photograph/scan the design and send it to EPIC.
The winning design was chosen by one of EPIC Australia’s participants (the fantastic, Mitchell!), which was then turned into an e-card and sent to EPIC contacts throughout the UK, EU, and Australia.
The winning entrant was a P4 pupil from Dargavel Primary School, who received a fantastic family-sized package including:
- 4x Irn Bru Carnival Tickets (donated by The Irn Bru Carnival)
- £100 One4all Restaurant Favourites Voucher (donated by Johnson, Thomas & Thomas)
- 4x Personalised Family Pjs (donated by Paris Embroidery)
- 12x Christmas Cupcakes and £15 Cakes by Rebecca voucher (donated by Maia Mann and Cakes by Rebecca Ltd)
- A Santa’s Elf Toy (donated by Personalised Christmas Decorations at East Kilbride Shopping Centre)
- Friends Monopoly Board Game!
- Sweets, Chocolates & Crisps!
- All arranged into a lovely Christmas Hamper (donated by Just Hamper Me)
We would like to thank all our very generous donors for making this possible.